SCAD RESERVATION SYSTEM
SCAD Reservation System
This project is a reservation system for the new SCAD student centre, and it looks for to design the reservation experience for students,
professors and community members to check availability and reserve one of the spaces in the new centre.
People want to reserve a space that is always based on the purpose of the event.
• The activity or event often have other members or group members would participate in it
• All of the users have some extent flexibility in booking date, flexibility might differ depending on
• Users always need some professional equipment or devices.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
• Undergraduate Student
• Age: 25
• Major: Music Education
• Responsibility: Team leader
• I need to organize my classmates to rehearse the musical.
• At the end of the semester, we will have a musical performance at the music rehearsal spaces
• I need to reserve a rehearsal room for this activity and inform each related participator.
• Age: 47
• Subject: Classical music
• I need to reserve the music rehearsal spaces for presentations to my students.
• When students graduate, I need to prepare performing spaces for the final review.
• The equipment of the performance is the important things I need prepare.
• Graduate Student
• Age: 26
• Major: Computer Science
• Responsibility: President of Student Union
• We will hold the orientation for new
students next year.
• We intend to organize the performance during the festival.
• I need organize the meeting to assign the works and prepare the equipments what we need.
How to make the new reservation system to help user book space easy and take a short time.
According to the interviews, I find some needs from users, so how to design a good system to make the user feel easy to use is a big challenge.
/ USER FLOW
When I start this new work, I try to complete the process that is making a flow chart as a Cognitive Walkthrough.
I try to complete the process of reserving a music rehearsal space from the perspective of unfamiliarity with the system. After completing the Cognitive Walkthrough, I considered the usability and availability of the flow and recorded.
THINK THROUGH USER FLOW
Accessibility of Account
• The users are the people from college, so they could use their school account directly to access.
• Other related members should
be able to receive the notice of the reserve by email on time, as well as when the time changes.
Visibility of Reserved Status
• Users can check the information, status and history of reservation in the home page.
• When people reserve a space, it might need some instrument and
Efficiency of Use
• Provide the email of people booked the same period. People can email for negotiation.
Modifiability of Reservation
• In confirm page, edit date and time can go back or cancel the reservation.
/ PROTOTYPE & WIREFRAME
I push the thinking to a measurable way that quickly draw the paper sketch and create the prototype and wireframe to achieve my idea.
/ FINAL SOLUTION
• Modify Date or Time
• Ask for instrument or device support
• Provide contact info
Using the college account to access the reservation system.
Pick up Date & Period
• Swipe up to expand space
• Email for negotiation
Finish Reservation &
• Edit reservation
• Check history
• Cancel reservation
• Invite group or people
• Inform detail of reservation
EMAIL FOR NEGOTIATION
EMAIL FOR NEGOTIATION
Provide the email of the person who booked same period you want that people can email to each other and negotiate
the time of reservation. Also, it could take use of rooms with more efficiency.
INVITE AND INFORM MEMBERS
As a reservation system, invite or inform the related members is the most essential function in it. Members and co-works should be able to receive the notice of the reserve information by email on time, as well as when the date or time changes.
According to the function of each room, the equipment or the devices might be required during usage. For instance, When people reserve a music rehearse space, the piano and microphone might be required even the lighting.